With new Queens Park Rangers manager Mark Warburton already making some solid additions to his first team group as we prepare for the Championship campaign of 2019/20, the summer transfer rumour mill also has us linked with a couple of departures and this week we can add Mass Luongo to that list.
With goalkeeper Matt Ingram moving onto Hull City the other day, West London Sport reported on Wednesday afternoon that Nottingham Forest manager Martin O’Neill was eyeing up our Australian international and we were open to offloading him for the right fee.
Leeds United are also given a namecheck and with the 26-year-old only having 12 months left on his contract it’s believed any new deal for him would have to include a pay cut and that effectively takes a new deal off the table.
With speculation linking Luke Freeman with a potential move to Sheffield United it seems most fans would happily cash in on Luongo if it meant Freeman remained but thoughts were certainly mixed about the Aussie.
Not fussed at all if Luongo goes for decent money. Too average imo
— Jeff (@JabHookNQPR) June 24, 2019
BANG average. A 6 out of 10 player 80% of the time. The other 20% less than a 6.
— Dan Rutherford (@randomranger) June 24, 2019
Hahaha take luongo most over hyped player think we have ever had
— Ryan (@Lark_star) June 24, 2019
He left for a month this past season and we literally crumbled
— Josh Fenwick (@JoshFenwick23) June 24, 2019
Might be an unpopular opinion, but Luongo would almost be a bigger loss than Freeman. Not worth as much in the market, but with 2 or 3 players of potential to 'replace' Freemans position, there isn't anyone that can do what Mass does. Very underrated contribution.
— Alan Simpson (@alansimps1984) June 24, 2019
Cash in on Luongo, no great loss
— Ian qpr (@Ianexall1) June 24, 2019
Not renewing no way!
— Rangers Till I Die 86 (@rangers_86) June 24, 2019
Staggering we could get less than £4m for Freeman and Luongo. #qpr
— David Williams (@DavidWQPR) June 24, 2019