Vital QPR continues to ask the fans the questions. The answers this time are from DMD_QPR.
Vital QPR continues to ask the fans the questions. The answers this time are from DMD_QPR
1. We have just been promoted to the premier league. Are you excited about the coming season?
Yes I am still looking forward to this season, given we have waited 15 years to be back, although the events over the summer have taken a little gloss off the excitement
2. Prices have gone up by a lot and hit a lot of people hard. Do you still fell it is worth it?
The rises are too steep, I did expect around 15% so 40% upwards was a shock but I am lucky I can afford a ticket, and not going to miss out after waiting so long
3. We have adopted a transfer policy with a very strict wage structure and will not be spending a lot on transfers. What do you think about QPR employing this transfer policy?
Yes we are a small club now in the big time, only 18000 seats etc, but if we are to stay in the Premier League we have to act like a Premier League club, that means to attract the players we need we may have to break the wage structure, we don’t need to go mad just work the structure to allow NW to get the players he wants.
4. Being promoted as Champions, we have a strong squad, do you feel it needs to be strengthened?
Yes, we were very good last season but 19 goals and 15 assist from Adel shows how much we need him this season, so now that he looks like he is off I think we need several players to change the shape and way we play, as I do not think one player can replace him.
Not just Adel but Wayne Routhledge played a big part in the second half of the season. Our defence was exceptional last season, but we need to add Premier League experience here as well, as I do not think Kasper, Matt and One Size will be enough to stop the likes of Torres, Rooney, Van Persie etc.
5. We have finally had our first 2 signings in Bothroyd and Dyer. How do you feel about these signings?
Very happy with Bothroyd signing, disappointed we did not get Graham who went to Swansea, Dyer if fit could be useful but I do not expect him to stay fit.
hope we go on to sign DJ Campbell as I think him and Bothroyd up front could be a great partnership
6. We have been linked to a lot of players over the summer. Is there anyone in particular you would like to see in the Blue and White hoops?
As mentioned above DJ Campbell I think could be a key signing, Kyle Walker was great last season and I think he will be a England player for years to come so would love to see him back at QPR. Why do we not try and get Scott Parker on a years loan? must be worth a try, OK its a long shot !! also I would like Liam Ridgewell from Birmingham, sound defender.
7. There is a lot of uncertainty about Adel Tarabt staying at W12. Do you think he will stay?
No, but he will be mad to go to France, he looks to be badly advised, one season in the Premier League, with a season like last year, he could chose any club in the world, look at Andy Carroll last season, 6 months in the Premier League a few goals and a 35M transfer, we will also be crazy to sell him for 15M we should hang out for much more.
8. There has been a lot of speculation regarding the boardroom. What are your opinions of the current board?
Disappointing, I thought we had sorted out the issues when Amit brought NW to the club. I thought the Mittals would have bought out Bernie but it seems they do not want the club or not prepared to pay 100m for it. We are left with someone who is happy to pay over 1.5m to get the Black Eye Peas to play at his daughters wedding but not on a player for QPR.
That this really shows he has no interest in QPR so why not sell!!
9. Neil Warnock got us our first trophy in years. Do you think he will last all season?
No, not with Flav around!! He should stay even if we are relegated.
10. How do you think we will fare for our first season back?
Its going to be hard, if we keep Adel then maybe we have a chance, if we add some strength to the team then maybe we will stay up, looking at the last fixtures of the season we look to have the toughest run in of the promoted teams, so we need to get a good start and keeping picking up points, if it comes down to the last few games then we will be relegated.My bet we will finish 4th from bottom and that would be a major success
Have your say on The Forum
Follow us on Twitter