Date: 20th September 2009 at 10:05pm
Written by:

Vital QPR – Breaking News
JavaScript must be enabled for the RSS Scrollbox Widget to work.



Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has conceded that the clash against QPR on Wednesday night will not be a formality.

Speaking after his side’s flattering 3-0 home win over Tottenham Hotspur, the Chelsea boss told the BBC that QPR would provide a useful challenge.

‘We need to maintain the mental attitude and win our next game against QPR in the Carling Cup on Wednesday,’ Ancelotti said.

‘Our next game will not be easy. We do not think about records, only wining the next game.’

Chelsea have a 100% record in all competitions under the 50-year-old Italian, winning every one of their 11 fixtures thus far.

That betters the record of his popular predecessor José Mourinho, with the former AC Milan man leading his side to a positive start.

Former QPR player and manager Ray Wilkins has already admitted that Chelsea would be looking to field a weakened side in order to prioritise for more important competitions.

With QPR riding the crest of a wave after this weekend’s result against Cardiff City, it could be a closer game than previously anticipated.

What are your thoughts? Let us know!




Have your say on The Forum

Follow us on Twitter

Become a fan on Facebook – Become a fan of Vital QPR

 

Your Comment